[Haskell-cafe] Interest in a Mathematics & AI strike force ?

Alp Mestanogullari alp at mestan.fr
Mon May 3 21:59:21 EDT 2010

Hello -cafe,

When I started learning Haskell, I saw the AI page [1] which aimed at
creating a sound, uniform and handy framework for AI programming in Haskell.
I added my name on it and thought a bit about it. I even wrote a first
version of HNN [2], a neural network library, quite early in my Haskell
days.

I found that idea to be great but did not see any actual effort around this.
So, I'm now thinking again about that and even enlarging it to mathematics &
AI. Thus, I would like to have an idea of the number of people interested in
being involved in such an effort. There are several tools out there on
hackage but they aren't that much uniform and neither play nicely together.
I'm pretty convinced this could be improved and as a Mathematics student I'm
highly interested in that. If enough people are interested, we could for
example set up a mailing list and a trac to organize the effort and then
people could just discuss and write Haskell modules when time permits.

Any comment, idea, reaction, interest ?

[1] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/AI
[2] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HNN

--