[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and scripting

Pierre-Etienne Meunier pierreetienne.meunier at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:39:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

You do not need a DSL at all, in fact. The simplest way to do this, if you use GHC, is to use the GHC api. This can compile everything for you, and return a value with type "Dynamic", from Data.Dynamic and Data.Typeable. It is type-safe, you can write within very little time (even if the documentation for the GHC api is not -- yet -- perfect), and use a real language whose users are still alive.

Cheers,
PE

ps : by the way, if you are interested by this kind of programming, I saw that someone was writing a shell in haskell, called hashell I think. If you want to help him...