[Haskell-cafe] Haskell.org re-design

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:01:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Christopher Done
<chrisdone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> This is a post about re-designing the whole Haskell web site.

I really like the design a lot. Here are some ideas:

- There are several news streams going on at once. Perhaps "Headlines"
and "Events" could be merged into one stream. After watching the
Hackage RSS feed every day I don't know if it's interesting enough to
put on a front page. Perhaps in a side bar which brings me to my next

- Multi column pages are tricky to scan! It works well in news papers
since the page height is limited but for web pages I really prefer one
main column. Perhaps the second column code be made more narrow?
Perhaps the footer content could be promoted into this second column
and have it be a more conventional right (or left) hand nav?

- The quick links seem a bit random where they now appear. :)

I'd also recommend looking at other programming languages web sites if
you haven't done so already:

Thanks for all your hard work!