[Haskell-cafe] GSoC and Machine learning

Mihai Maruseac mihai.maruseac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:39:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Alp Mestanogullari <alp at mestan.fr> wrote:
> Note that, if any student is interested, the Haskell Neural Network library
> [1] is being rewritten from scratch. We (Thomas Bereknyi and I) are
> discussing many core data structure alternatives, with some suggestions from
> Edward Kmett. There may even be some room for a rewrite or update of fgl,
> possibly with an alternative conception, to fit well HNN. I am definitely
> not sure if this is worth a GSoC and if the community would benefit that
> much from such a work, but it's there.
> [1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/HNN

Well, I'd like to tie two of my favourite things together. I'm using
neural nets here and there (not for very big tasks though, yet) and I
intended to use them in haskell too. The code from [0] was intended to
become one day useful for a project on neural nets in Haskell.

I would be interested in this project if it will be accepted and there
would be mentors.

[0]: http://pgraycode.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/a-general-network-module/

--
Mihai Maruseac