[Haskell-cafe] More Language.C work for Google's Summer of Code

austin seipp as at 0xff.ath.cx
Tue Mar 30 15:14:48 EDT 2010

(sorry for the dupe aaron! forgot to add haskell-cafe to senders list!)

Perhaps the best course of action would be to try and extend cpphs to
do things like this? From the looks of the interface, it can already
do some of these things e.g. do not strip comments from a file:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cpphs/1.11/doc/html/Language-Preprocessor-Cpphs.html#t%3ABoolOptions

Malcolm would have to attest to how complete it is w.r.t. say, gcc's
preprocessor, but if this were to be a SOC project, extending cpphs to
include needed functionality would probably be much more realistic
than writing a new one.

- Austin