[Haskell-cafe] Re: is anyone familiar with "Comprehending Queries" by Torsten Grust?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Mar 28 17:30:53 EDT 2010

Dear Torsten,

good grief no, I did not mean that the topic / field was obsolete. In
fact most of my posts over the last couple of months are inquiries on
this very subject. (Apart from the occasional glitch).

Well about EDSL for Relational Algebra. I was very excited when I found
your paper and noticed your other works. My question was more, and
please don't get this the wrong way, if your findings from over 10 years
ago may have been superseded my more recent discoveries or techniques.

It will take me a very long time to absorb your paper, in fact I might
not even be able to understand it all, but I'll try. But before I do so
I wanted to make sure that it's still the "state of the art".

Best regards

Günther