[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are there any female Haskellers?

Christopher Lane Hinson lane at downstairspeople.org
Sun Mar 28 12:51:27 EDT 2010

>> It was probably also uncool to call out a specific woman by name, who did
>> not volunteer for this.
>>
> Do suggest I did so? I don't recall mentioning anyone by name.

No, you didn't.  That was someone else.

> "I like haskell, am interested in it, appreciate
> being in contact with people who do"

That's the haskell community pledge of allegiance, right there.
Congratulations, you wrote it!

> One thing I do notice, one starts with a harmless question and it out of the
> blue it suddenly becomes political. In both ways. Is there really a need for
> this?

Yes, because what may be a harmless abstract question to you may directly
affect someone else's day-to-day life.  Try to learn from people in these
situations, even if you are frustrated by them.

Friendly,
--Lane