[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Salvia-1.0.0

Bernie Pope florbitous at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:57:50 EDT 2010

On 22 March 2010 03:05, Sebastiaan Visser <sfvisser at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> Straight from Zurihac: I'm very pleased to announce the 1.0.0 release of the Salvia web server.
>
> Salvia is a feature rich web server and web application framework that can be used to write dynamic websites in Haskell. From the lower level protocol code up to the high level application code, everything is written as a Salvia handler. This approach makes the framework extremely modular and extensible.
>
> To do a full install first run `cabal update' followed by `cabal install salvia-demo'. Now you can run the salvia-demo command and point your browser to http://localhost:8080/ .

Hi Sebastiaan,

I was looking forward to a new version of Salvia.

Do you have minumum requirements for GHC? I tried to 'cabal install
salvia-demo', but with no luck:

cabal install salvia-demo
Resolving dependencies...
cabal: cannot configure syb-with-class-0.6.1. It requires template-haskell
==2.4.*
For the dependency on template-haskell ==2.4.* there are these packages:
template-haskell-2.4.0.0. However none of them are available.
template-haskell-2.4.0.0 was excluded because template-haskell-2.3.0.1 was
selected instead
template-haskell-2.4.0.0 was excluded because ghc-6.10.4 requires
template-haskell ==2.3.0.1

Cheers,
Bernie.