[Haskell-cafe] developing against privately patched libraries, and cabal

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:15:09 EDT 2010

As somebody who's hacked on cabal-install a bit  (but don't have a
worthwhile patch to contribute (yet?)),  I can tell you that versions
support a "tag" structure,  at least internally,  but I haven't seen a
non-empty tags field and don't know how to make the tags field
non-empty.   For that I'd have to go source-code diving again.

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/Cabal-1.8.0.2/Distribution-Version.html

Best,
Leon