[Haskell-cafe] ANN: regular-web 0.1 | generic web programming in Haskell

Chris Eidhof chris at eidhof.nl
Sun Mar 21 06:14:55 EDT 2010

From the ZuriHac hackathon, I am happy to announce the first release of the regular-web package [1]. The package contains functions for generic web programming: generating HTML, JSON and Formlets. It is based on the regular generic programming library [2].

Generic HTML and forms are often not sufficient for real purposes, so we encourage the use of regular-web in combination with the fclabels package [3].  There is an example in the documentation of the Formlets module. Furthermore, there is a slightly larger example [4] on github that shows off some more features of the package.

This is a preliminary release and the API will probably change. I am interested to see what other people think of this. So please send me your comments or fork the project on github.

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regular-web
[2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regular
[3]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fclabels
[4]: http://github.com/chriseidhof/regular-web/blob/master/Example.lhs