[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Australian Hackathon

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 01:28:11 EDT 2010

Would other Australians be interested in having our own Hackathon (why
should all those northerners have all the fun)?  I'm thinking about
organising it to be in the July break between university semesters.

There was a previous consideration a few years back to have an
OzHaskell group (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/OzHaskell) but
nothing seems to have eventuated out of it.

In terms of projects, here are some ideas:

* A plotting library using Ben's newly released Gloss library (for
people who can't or won't install Gtk2Hs to get Chart working; Alex
Mason is interested in this)
* Various graph-related project (graphviz, generic graph class, etc.;
this assumes someone else apart from me cares about this stuff)
* Hubris if Mark Wotton comes along
* LLVM if David Terei comes

So, at least as an initial listing, we'd need to have a listing of:
1) Who's interested
2) What dates are good
3) What projects people want to work on
4) Where we can host this