[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.0.0 (web framework)

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Mar 10 14:24:26 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Gour <gour at gour-nitai.com> wrote:

> [..]

Michael> I also wouldn't have a use for mod_haskell, but it seems
> Michael> every "cool kid on the block" has it ;).
>
> How do you like other players (Cherokee, nginx,...)?
>

> Frankly, I haven't used either of those (though I came very close on
Cherokee once). My most recent site[1] uses lighttpd and CGI, which I find
to be a very nice setup. This way, I can avoid playing with virtual hosts at
all in Haskell and still get a cookie-less domain (
http://static.search-once.com/).

Let me clarify my mod_haskell comment: I'm not saying I have no use for
Apache, just that when I *do* use Apache, it's usually on a shared host
where my only option is CGI. When I have full control over the deployment,
Apache is usually too featureful for what I need. So unless mod_haskell got
picked up by cheap shared web hosting (doubtful), I can't see a scenario
where I'd end up using it.

Michael

[1] http://www.search-once.com/