[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.0.0 (web framework)

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Mar 10 10:24:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Gour <gour at gour-nitai.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:03:12 -0800
>
> Michael> * Deployable anywhere (based on WAI)
>
> Does it mean one will be able to use it with webservers like Cherokee,
> nginx...?

Right now, the only WAI backends I'm aware of are the two I've written:
SimpleServer and CGI. Assuming Cherokee and nginx support CGI, then yes, you
could deploy there.

That said, I intend to port hack-handler-fastcgi to WAI in the
not-too-distant future. If anyone needs it sooner, just send me an e-mail,
it will probably take very little time to port since it was simply a layer
on top of hack-handler-cgi.

Of course, there's a whole range of WAI backends that are possible.
SimpleServer is not that great a production server, so I wouldn't mind
getting Hyena or Happserver working with WAI. Then there are protocols like
SCGI available as well. If we get really adventurous, we could aim for a
mod_haskell.

Michael