[Haskell-cafe] Re: Books for "advanced" Haskell

Yusaku Hashimoto nonowarn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:58:48 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Stephen Tetley
<stephen.tetley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> What is the state-of-the-practice in type-level programming?
>
> I know Günther started this thread about monads, but I seem to
> remember him having a long running problem with "typeful" database
> programming, and I wonder if some of his problems are really in the
> later area. Compared to monads, type-level programming seems much more
> a wild frontier - scattered docs, fewer definitive examples, no
> de-facto standard library.

So I want the book describes how to make type-level programming up to
the practice. I think this would cover how to provide simple interface
for types and contexts with full benefits, how to produce friendly
error message in type-errors, when to use UndecidableInstances, and
how to get rid of such itchy things.

-nwn