[Haskell-cafe] Re: How do you set up windows enviroment

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:00:32 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 07:29 -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Maciej Piechotka
> <uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>         How do you set up Windows environment? I'd like to develop few
>         platform-specific code or rather port it to this platform.
>
>         I tried to set up environment but I failed (darcs hanging on
>         copy via
>         ssh, command line is... well slightly better then in W98
>         etc.).
>
> If you're having problems with darcs I would recommend using the
> darcs-users mailing list:
> http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/
>
> It would also be nice to know more about your setup (darcs version,
> ssh tools, what steps you've taken to configure darcs/ssh).
>
> The darcs wiki also has some information about windows:
> http://wiki.darcs.net/WindowsConfiguration

1. Please ignore last error I post. There was mistake in repo location.
2. I finally managed to use ssh+ssh-agent from openssh to deal with
problems. I left with setting ssh with pinentry but it is not the
correct list ;)
3. Thank you - that was the first place I looked at ;)

> Since it's a wiki it's possibly in need of updates but as I don't use
> windows I can't really say (or accurately update it).

You're lucky ;) Well - to be honest I'm as well most of the time ;)

> I hope that helps,
> Jason

Regards