[Haskell-cafe] How do you rewrite your code?

Alp Mestanogullari alp at mestan.fr
Tue Mar 2 14:40:16 EST 2010

For the style part, I recommend hlint [1].

Regarding the testing, QuickCheck is excellent and I have been happy with it
so far.

>From a more general point of view, I agree with a point of view that many
haskellers seem to share, but that Cale Gibbard put in words on #haskell
regularly. It consists in looking at your code from a higher point of view
and trying to express what you wrote in a "sublanguage" of primitives and
combinators. He pointed to [2] for more details and examples.

Hope it helps.

[1] http://community.haskell.org/~ndm/hlint/
[2] http://contracts.scheming.org/

Alp Mestanogullari