[Haskell-cafe] Re: How do you rewrite your code?
waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Mar 2 14:35:11 EST 2010
Not exactly answering your question, but here's the top refactorings
that I'd like to see in a Haskell IDE:
* rename identifier (aware of scopes, modules, qualified imports etc.)
* move definition from one module to another (aware of ...)
* change "type" to "newtype" or "data"
* change positional to named record notation
* introduce parameter (to function)
(with a default value that is plugged in at each call site)
* change order of parameters
* introduce parameter object
That's the kind of basic rewriting that is really really awkward to do
with a plain text editor (because you really need the annotated AST,
with names resolved, and types attached) - so it's usually avoided (well, by me)
and the result is code that is a nightmare to maintain.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe