[Haskell-cafe] Books for "advanced" Haskell

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Mar 1 12:29:48 EST 2010

Hello David,

I do agree, Monads as *such* may not be super complicated. That said I
see monads constructed by some of the Haskell big brains and used that
would never ever occur to me. And then I read their papers, blog posts
and everything I can get my hands on and still not get it.

A shining example are Dan Piponis blog posts. Not his fault, mind. All I
see is that there is something powerful. I also notice that the big
brains construct monads in many different ways and thus giving them
entirely different capabilities. An example of this is some techniques
turn CBV to CBN or CBL while other techniques null this.

I just cannot find my way through all this, in part because the
information is scattered through many papers from many different authors
on what does seem quite similar subjects. It's bloody confusing.

So, no book, eh?

Günther