[Haskell-cafe] Books for "advanced" Haskell

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:21:50 EST 2010

2010/3/1 David Leimbach <leimy2k at gmail.com>

> I don't think a Haskell-monad book would be terribly interesting.  A book
> on taking the pieces of category theory, with a little bit more of the math,
> to apply to Haskell would be greatly interesting to me.
>
> Also a book on learning what to look for for measuring Haskell performance
> in space and time + optimization seems like it'd be a good thing to have as
> well.

I'd really like to read such a book! Just hacking on a project [1] for a few
months have tought me a lot about writing high performance Haskell code. I
imagine that one could write a decent size book on the topic by gathering
the experience of a handful of experienced haske, scraping the blogosphere,
and looking at the high performance libraries out there.

1. http://github.com/tibbe/event

Cheers,
Johan