[Haskell-cafe] Re: Mining Twitter data in Haskell and Clojure

braver deliverable at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 22:22:54 EDT 2010

On Jun 24, 5:07 am, Johan Tibell <johan.tib... at gmail.com> wrote:
> The new "The Performance of Haskell containers package" paper compares the
> performance of, among other things, Maps holding Strings/ByteString. It also
> improves the performance of many operations on these. I think it's very
> relevant to your work.
>
>  http://fox.ucw.cz/papers/containers/containers.pdf

Thanks -- will take a look.  I've also translated the program into
OCaml, which needed some small tweaks to runtime options as well and
now finishes in 14 minutes.  While investigating, found this
comparison of functional and imperative map implementations by
Mauricio Fernandez, the awesomest OCaml thinker:

http://eigenclass.org/R2/writings/finite-map-benchmarks

The functional ones are applicable to Haskell directly.  My result is
with the standard imperative Hashtbl.  Will be fun to compare to dons'
judy binding...

-- Alexy