[Haskell-cafe] How does one get off haskell?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:46:18 EDT 2010

2010/6/24 Serguey Zefirov <sergueyz at gmail.com>:

> I should suggest code generation from Haskell to C#/Java and PHP.
> Like Barrelfish, Atom, HJScript and many others EDSLs out there.
> You will save yourself time, you will enjoy Haskell. Probably, you
> will have problems with management because your programs will appear
> there in their completeness very suddently. ;)

You need a domain that favours multiples for code generation to be
successful, though.

Atom seems ideal, as it is generating controller code of product lines
of embedded systems; but enterprise domains typically favour code
delivered in libraries / frameworks where the components are singular,
evolving entities, possibly used across in multiple applications.