[Haskell-cafe] HaskellWiki and Wikipedia

Roman Beslik beroal at ukr.net
Mon Jun 21 13:47:54 EDT 2010

On 17.06.10 23:44, Ketil Malde wrote:
> Roman Beslik<beroal at ukr.net>  writes:
>
>> I do not agree. They are not confused by other languages, they treat
>> all languages as born equal.
>>
> Are you saying this is a good thing?

Yes. There is more than Haskell.
> E.g the article on generic programming mainly talks about parametric
> polymorphism.
"Generic programming" is a bad term so I do not care if it is used in
the Haskell sense or in the Wikipedia sense. It should not be used at all.
> The article on type systems starts off with some
> definitions by Cardelli, but goes on to discuss so-called dynamic type
> systems, which are an entirely different thing.

Do we read different Wikipedia-s? Wikipedia article "Type system"
discussed all kinds of type system, including dependent, linear,
intersection. Yes, dynamic typing is a type system. Sorry, dear, I
forgot you did not like it.

--
Best regards,
   Roman Beslik.