[Haskell-cafe] Re: Modules and their explicit export lists (are an annoyance)

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:44:02 EDT 2010

Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> writes:

> One reason library authors can prefer explicit export lists is that they can
> hide implementation details, which can then make it easier to change in the
> future without breaking the users of the library.

Also, with respect to cross-module optimisation, I seem to recall that
GHC doesn't do this (but JHC is trying to do so).

Explicit export lists not only help hide implementation details, they're
also useful in cases where two modules export functions with the same
name and someone decides to do un-qualified imports (i.e. just "import
Foo").

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com