[Haskell-cafe] Terminology

Alexander Solla ajs at 2piix.com
Tue Jun 15 16:53:16 EDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 1:42 PM, wren ng thornton wrote:

> Generally these sorts of things are called homomorphisms. It's a  
> terribly general term, but that's the one I've always seen to  
> describe that pattern.

g is a "list homomorphism", if you want to get specific.   
Equivalently, it is the "list functor induced by f". (A functor is a  
morphism between categories.  Lists form a category, and g is a  
morphism from lists to lists, since it is a homomorphism).  I guess  
you can call the homomorphism characterization "the list homomorphism  
induced by f"

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list