[Haskell-cafe] Terminology

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Tue Jun 15 16:42:40 EDT 2010

Emmanuel Castro wrote:
> I am looking for the name of the property linking two functions f and g
> when :
> [f(a),f(b),f(c)] = g([a,b,c])
> Is there a standard name?

Generally these sorts of things are called homomorphisms. It's a 
terribly general term, but that's the one I've always seen to describe 
that pattern.

It's also a bit like distributivity, though that probably doesn't 
highlight what you're interested in focusing on.

Live well,

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list