[Haskell-cafe] Terminology

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Jun 15 02:11:34 EDT 2010

* Emmanuel Castro <emmanuel.castro at laposte.net> [2010-06-15 00:10:09+0200]
> I am looking for the name of the property linking two functions f and g
> when :
> [f(a),f(b),f(c)] = g([a,b,c])
> Is there a standard name?
> In practice, g is an optimised version of f when working on large
> amount of elements.

Sometimes (particularly in Data Parallel Haskell, but also in other
languages) 'g' is called "vectorized version" of 'f'.

Roman I. Cheplyaka :: http://ro-che.info/
"Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list