[Haskell-cafe] Terminology

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 18:17:07 EDT 2010

Emmanuel Castro <emmanuel.castro at laposte.net> writes:

> I am looking for the name of the property linking two functions f and g
> when :
> [f(a),f(b),f(c)] = g([a,b,c])
> Is there a standard name?

g = map f ?

> In practice, g is an optimised version of f when working on large
> amount of elements.

It's a list, and map is lazy; not too sure you can get anything more
optimised than that for long lists.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list