[Haskell-cafe] PDF generation?

Tom Poliquin poliquin at softcomp.com
Wed Jun 2 05:34:09 EDT 2010

> What is the easiest way to create PDF files from Haskell?

It might depend on what you want to do ..

I often create pdf reports from my Haskell programs
(simulations) with text and graphs. I cheat a bit
and use Haskell to automatically create latex documents,
and use gnuplot (there's a helper app on Hackage) for the graphs.

I then run ..

makeLatexDocumentM :: [Tableau] -> IO ExitCode
makeLatexDocumentM ts = do
    doc <- genLatex ts
    writeFile "latex.tex" doc
    system "pdflatex latex.tex > /dev/null"

  .. which creates the pdf file.

Perhaps a bit of a hack but it works for me.

Tom