[Haskell-cafe] Page rank and GHC docs directory organization

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Jul 23 03:34:00 EDT 2010

Robin KAY <komadori at gekkou.co.uk> writes:

> the redirects and ignore the original URLs [2]. Using a "302 Found"
> redirect instead might produce better results, at least for Google

But the page you point to suggests 302 is discouraged, and says they
don't help for the other search engines.  Perhaps 'latest' could just be
a symlink to the latest version instead of a redirect?

In addition, all versions could have a blurb saying this is for version
x.y.z, the latest version can be found (-> url with /latest).  I believe
this should boost the page rank of the 'latest' URL.

-k