[Haskell-cafe] Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform site

Miguel Pagano miguel.pagano at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:13:24 EDT 2010

Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> writes:

> Anyway, I'm loving the current theme. But if we're redesigning the
> site, I'd like to repeat one request: Please, please, please make it
> easier to
> - Download older versions of HP.
> - Find out which HP release contains what.
> - Figure out what the difference between release X and release Y is.

Shouldn't be there also an explanation of what happens if you have
release X installed and later you install release Y (obviously, X < Y)?
Some of the worries an user can have:
- if some program depends on having release X, would it still
 works with Y.
- would the installation of Y replace X, or would I have both versions.

This issue seems to be open [0]; some advice about what should be
expected would be very nice.

Best,
Miguel.

[0] http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/46