[Haskell-cafe] hs-dotnet with Mono?

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 23:58:57 EDT 2010

> (If they were direct dependencies --- meaning that .Net bindings used them
> directly --- then Mono couldn't exist.)

I don't know all the details but I do know that .Net is written in C++/com
and mono does not have any com.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think calling native from managed is somewhat
cross platform via p/invoke but the other way is achieved through either
microsoft's api or through mono's api as described
here<http://www.mono-project.com/Embedding_Mono#Invoking_Methods_in_the_CIL_universe>
.

I said in my previous email that afaik there isn't a com for *nix but I have
since found this <http://linux.lsdev.sil.org/wiki/index.php/Libcom> that you
could try as a drop in replacement. Best of luck if you try this approach.

Thanks

Tim