[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fix plugins package.

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 02:45:41 EDT 2010

> I got another error:
> ------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
> [ 8 of 15] Compiling System.MkTemp    ( src/System/MkTemp.hs, dist/build/System/MkTemp.o )
>
> src/System/MkTemp.hs:214:26:
>    Couldn't match expected type `IOError'
>           against inferred type `Maybe FilePath -> IOException'
>    In the first argument of `ioError', namely `err'
>    In the expression: ioError err
>    In the expression:
>        if b then ioError err else openFile f ReadWriteMode
> plugins-1.4.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1

I checked out sources and tried it myself. You need:

[mkTemp:217] err = IOError Nothing AlreadyExists "open0600" "already
exists" Nothing Nothing

if you will get error in readBinIface', then
[Load.hs:725] e <- newHscEnv undefined undefined

if you will get error in loadFunction__, then
[Load.hs: 441] ptr@(Ptr addr) <- withCString symbol c_lookupSymbol

It should compile now, but I don't know will it work or no.