[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fix plugins package.

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 02:35:54 EDT 2010

Yuras Shumovich <shumovichy at gmail.com> writes:

>> Another error :
>>
>> ------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
>> Preprocessing library plugins-1.4.1...
>> Building plugins-1.4.1...
>> [ 7 of 15] Compiling System.Plugins.Env ( src/System/Plugins/Env.hs,
> dist/build/System/Plugins/Env.o )
>>
>> src/System/Plugins/Env.hs:315:45:
>>    Couldn't match expected type `PackageDBStack'
>>           against inferred type `PackageDB'
>>    In the second argument of `getInstalledPackages', namely
>>        `(SpecificPackageDB f)'
>>    In a stmt of a 'do' expression:
>>        pkgIndex <- getInstalledPackages silent (SpecificPackageDB f) pc
>>    In the expression:
>>        do { pc <- configureAllKnownPrograms
>>                     silent defaultProgramConfiguration;
>>             pkgIndex <- getInstalledPackages silent (SpecificPackageDB f) pc;
>>               return $ allPackages pkgIndex }
>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>> plugins-1.4.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>> ExitFailure 1
>> ------------------------------> error end   <------------------------------
>
> It looks like it is not the last error :)
Yes, it's not last error. :)

I got another error:
------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
[ 8 of 15] Compiling System.MkTemp    ( src/System/MkTemp.hs, dist/build/System/MkTemp.o )

src/System/MkTemp.hs:214:26:
    Couldn't match expected type `IOError'
           against inferred type `Maybe FilePath -> IOException'
    In the first argument of `ioError', namely `err'
    In the expression: ioError err
    In the expression:
        if b then ioError err else openFile f ReadWriteMode
plugins-1.4.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Thank you very much help me so far.

I hope Don can taking some time to fix those problems.

Cheers,

  -- Andy