[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: ghc-gc-tune: a tool for analyzing the impact of GC flags

Alexandre Termier Alexandre.Termier at imag.fr
Tue Jul 6 10:56:05 EDT 2010

Don,

Thank you for a new tool and great blog post !
I will surely use it.

You might be interested by the experiments section of a paper that we
submitted to the Haskell Symposium with Simon Marlow and Satnam Singh :
http://membres-liglab.imag.fr/termier/HLCM/hlcm.pdf
We studied the impact of GC parameters on runtime, on a complex parallel
data mining program. We show that correct GC settings are really
important for good parallel performance, with a runtimes that can be 5x
faster.
I think this could interest everyone who want to squeeze up the most of
their parallel Haskell programs.

Regards,

Alexandre

Alexandre Termier
LIG (Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble)
Université Joseph Fourier
681 rue de la Passerelle
B.P. 72, 38402 Saint Martin d'Hères (FRANCE)
Phone: +33 4 76 82 72 07
Fax: +33 4 76 82 72 87