[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: ghc-gc-tune: a tool for analyzing the impact of GC flags

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Jul 5 20:46:55 EDT 2010

Inspired by a comment by Simon Marlow on Stack Overflow, about the time
and space tradeoffs we make with garbage collection, particularly with a
generational GCs, I wrote a small program, ghc-gc-tune, to traverse the
garbage collector variable space, to see the relationship between
settings and program performance. Given a program, it will show you an
(optionally interactive) graph of how -A and -H flags to the garbage
collector affect performance.

Feedback and patches welcome!

-- Don