[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: hs-cryptohash 0.4

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Fri Jul 2 08:37:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 02:03:23PM +0200, Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:
> Hello Vincent,

Hello Ertugrul,

> it's nice to have such a package.  It's going to be very useful for me.
> Thank you a lot!

you're welcome.

> BTW, as a third API type possible in Haskell I suggest making a lazy
> ByteString variant.  In some places this could well replace the
> incremental API and be more natural to use.

I think it's already covered by the library. every module has a
"hashlazy" (for the lack of better name) alongside "hash".

hash takes a strict bytestring and hashlazy takes a lazy bytestring, so for
example opening a huge file with Data.BS.Lazy.readFile that you pass to hashlazy
is fully supported.

Vincent