[Haskell-cafe] chart "broken" under 6.12 according to criterion

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 22:48:27 EDT 2010

On 1 July 2010 19:16, Tom Doris <tomdoris at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the criterion.cabal file shipped with the latest (0.5.0.1)
> version of criterion, the Chart package is broken under GHC 6.12:

When Bryan last released Criterion, gtk2hs (and hence Chart) was
unbuildable on GHC 6.12 (which was what Bryan was using) unless you
manually patched it (<shameless plug>which was fixed a while back in
Gentoo</shameless plug>).  As such, he wasn't able to test whether or
not the Chart functionality worked (which it didn't with the latest
version of Chart, due to a small API change).

I have since sent him a patch to enable it (including to use the
latest version of Chart available at that time); since then he has
told me that he's been too busy to look at it as he's got a lot on his
plate at the moment.  Note that this predated the Cabalisation of
gtk2hs, so my patch would probably need tweaking, but I assume the
time issue is still a problem.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com