[Haskell-cafe] Web application interface

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Sat Jan 23 19:02:45 EST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Michael Snoyman wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> What I meant is, if you use a sendfile system call to send raw files
> from the disk, how does this interact with gzip compression, which
> clearly cannot be used when using a sendfile call? I ask because you
> implied there were significant performance gains from using sendfile.

At present there is no mechanism to use sendfile+gzip. The only
solution would be to gzip the file in a cache of some sort, and the
use sendfile on that. That is just a limitation of the way sendfile
works. We do not have anything like that built-in yet.. but you could
add in a 3rd party library...

- jeremy