[Haskell-cafe] hsql won't install due to system.time

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 06:17:15 EST 2010

Could this be a global/user install issue?  That is, if the old-time
package is installed per-user, and you're trying to install a package
globally, the user-installed packages all show up as hidden, because
they can't be dependencies of a global install.

This shows up frequently because global installs are the default when
doing "runghc Setup.hs install", but per-user installs are the default
for cabal install.  If you use both of these commands, you'll run into
this sooner or later.

You can run "ghc-pkg list" to get a listing of what's installed where.
 If "old-time" is only in the local database, you should reinstall it
into the global database (or install everything globally).