[Haskell-cafe] Darcs fundraising 2010 - send us to ZuriHac! ($2000 by 15 Feb)

Eric Y. Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Jan 9 15:39:24 EST 2010

Dear Haskellers,

Since 2008, the Darcs Team has made a big push to find hacking time.
We've been streamlining our patch approval processes, running Google
Summer of Code projects and holding bi-annual hacking sprints.  These
efforts are starting to pay off, but we're not quite there yet and we
still need your help!

If you love Darcs and you want to see it succeed, if you want to see it
get faster and easier to use, the best thing you can do is to send us
your patches (how about attending a sprint?).  But if you cannot do
this, you can still support the cause.

The 4th Darcs Hacking Sprint will be taking place in March as part of
the Zurich Haskell Hackathon.  Zurich presents a opportunity for us pull
a lot of the Darcs team together, to recruit new developers to the
project, and also to mingle with the wider Haskell community.

We would love to subsidise travel costs to make it easier for developers
to attend this sprint and the one after.  Do you think you can help?
How about sending just $20 our way?

Donating to Darcs is now easier than ever, as we are now proud members
of the Software Freedom Conservancy. You can either send us a cheque or
use Paypal or Google Checkout.  Furthermore, donations from US
tax-payers will now be tax-deductible.  More details below, or at
<http://darcs.net/donations.html>

Many thanks!

Eric

PS. If you could send me an email when you make a donation, I can
provide a daily update on our fundraising status!

Last year, we managed to raise a thousand dollars to send Darcs hackers
to the Utrecht and Vienna hackathons.  This year, I want to see if we
can raise $2000 for Darcs hacking by the 14th of February.

Stay tuned at http://darcs.net/donations.html for our progress.  Only
$1710 to go... :-)

Donating by check (USA)
If you have a US bank account, we prefer donations by check as they will go the
longest way.

Checks should be made payable to "Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.", with
"Directed donation: Darcs" in the memo. They can be mailed to

Software Freedom Conservancy
1995 BROADWAY FL 17
NEW YORK NY 10023-5882 USA

Donating by Paypal or Google Checkout