[Haskell-cafe] OpenSUSE 11.2

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 28 07:23:11 EST 2010

Daniel Fischer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 24 Februar 2010 23:17:46 schrieb Andrew Coppin:
>
>> Erlend Hamberg wrote:
>>
>>> if you open the software manager and go to configuration →
>>> repositories, you should be able to add new software sources. i use
>>> the following repository:
>>>
>>> Server name: download.opensuse.org
>>> Directory: /repositories/devel:/languages:/haskell/openSUSE_11.2/
>>>
>>> This repository contains GHC 6.12, alex, happy, etc.
>>>
>> OK, I'll try that tomorrow and see where I get...
>>

> Or, go to http://software.opensuse.org/search/ , type ghc [alex, happy,
> ...] in the search box, click the search button and 1-click-install.

This works - and adds all the Haskell stuff to the respositories list,
apparently.

Amusingly, I installed the GHC package, and then discovered that while
GHC runs, it won't compile anything. But if you (manually) install GCC
as well, *then* it works. (Isn't that the package manager's job? WTF?)

Anyway, I'm currently attempting to get cabal-install to work...