GUI (was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] DLL on Windows)

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Feb 26 09:31:14 EST 2010

Am Mittwoch 17 Februar 2010 12:17:10 schrieb Jeremy O'Donoghue:
> You're probably correct about the dependencies. I have never tried to
> compile wxHaskell against GHC 6.12.1
>
> I'm waiting for Haskell Platform to be released to make the required
> changes since (working primarily on Windows) I just don't have time to
> create a complete GHC 6.12 installation with most of the HP libraries
> (some of which are a pain to get working on Windows).
>
> wxHaskell will support GHC 6.12.x within a couple of days of release of
> a suitable Haskell Platform.
>
> Regards
> Jeremy

Beating a dead horse, but today I decided to see whether I could install
wxHaskell, all it took was a few edits in some .cabal files and one in
wxcore's Setup to make it all build with 6.12.1.
Still, it's annoying because you have to unpack everything, edit and cabal
install in the unpacked directories.

Now since I did that, I could upload new verxions of wxdirect, wxcore and
wx to hackage, so others could do a simple cabal install wx.

But I would only do that if I get a go-ahead from somebody authorised
(since Jeremy uploaded the previous versions, he'd be qualified, I think).

Or I could send the edits to Jeremy and let him do the uploading, whatever
is preferred.