[Haskell-cafe] problem loading package unix- while installing hackages on OpenSuse

gmi gerard.michels at ou.nl
Fri Feb 26 06:52:36 EST 2010

I have OpenSuse 11.2 running on VMWare and I have recently installed ghc
6.10.4 from the RPM from OpenSuse. Now I want to install cabal. I have
downloaded the required packages from hackage and I try to run: runhaskell
Setup configure on any of these packages. With option -v I can see an error
while linking unix- I am no expert on OpenSuse yet. Does anyone know
what's happening here?

linux-nrvh:/home/gmi/Download/cabal/zlib- # runhaskell -f
/usr/bin/ghc -v Setup configure --with-compiler=ghc-6.10.4
for: dl (libdl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or