[Haskell-cafe] Virus alert while installing happstack

Maciej Podgurski maciej.podgurski at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:33:11 EST 2010

Hi,

I tried to install happstack via "cabal install happstack" on my WinXP
system. While installation progress, my anti-virus software (Avira
AntiVir) warned me about dll_hsc_make.exe and files_hsc_make.exe to be a
Trojan horse called "TR/Dropper.Gen". It's a bit confusing to get a
virus alert while installing Haskell packages. Has anyone experienced
this problem? And can I trust these files to be harmless?

Besh wishes,

Maciej