[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 12 14:33:20 EST 2010

Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 20:57, Alp Mestanogullari wrote:
>> It seems quite big for a 3 months project made by a student, though.
>
> No kidding :-)  I last rewrote the RTS in 1998:
>
> but even so, it was about 20k lines.

Man, that's at least two orders of magnitude larger than anything I've
ever written in my entire life! And to think that's just the RTS - the
part of GHC that most people don't neven notice. ;-)

Did you really write all that code single-handedly?

Also... Those old release notes are some hard-core nostalga. ;-) "At
least 32 MB of RAM"... that's special. As is the list of "new" features
in GHC. (Exceptions. Ooo!)