[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:45:21 EST 2010

I _think_ that the abstract points out that reference-counted garbage
collection can be done deterministically. Haskell could some day be an
excellent replacement for C/Ada in safety critical markets, but some serious
changes to the RTS (most having to do with memory allocation, garbage
collection, and multi-threading) would have to be made.

If the GC becomes deterministic, then a much better case can be made for
using the language on a plane or in medical devices.

/jve