[Haskell-cafe] haskell-src type inference algorithm?

Bernie Pope florbitous at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:47:56 EST 2010

On 12 February 2010 10:13, Niklas Broberg <niklas.broberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone know of a type inference utility that can run right on haskell-src
>> types? or one that could be easily adapted?
>
> This is very high on my wish-list for haskell-src-exts, and I'm hoping
> the stuff Lennart will contribute will go a long way towards making it
> feasible. I believe I can safely say that no such tool exists (and if
> it does, why haven't you told me?? ;-)), but if you implement (parts
> of) one yourself I'd be more than interested to see, and incorporate,
> the results.

A long time ago I worked on hatchet:

   http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~bjpop/hatchet/src/hatchet.tar.gz

which I believe was incorporated into JHC.

Hatchet was based on thih and haskell-src.

I gave up on it when I figured out a way to do what I wanted without
type information.

If I was going to do it again then I'd consider using Chameleon as a
starting point, (I don't know where the most up-to-date sources are).

Cheers,
Bernie.