[Haskell-cafe] vector to uvector and back again

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Feb 11 20:39:12 EST 2010

bos:
> I'm thinking of switching the statistics library over to using vector. uvector
> is pretty bit-rotted in comparison to vector at this point, and it's really
> seeing no development, while vector is The Shiny Future. Roman, would you call
> the vector library good enough to use in production at the moment?

uvector's not seeing much development, but at least in the last round of
benchmarks it was still consistently faster -- since it's been
micro-optimized.

Also, we have uvector-algorithms, so you can sort etc. a uvector.

I'm not sure its the long term solution, but its a simpler, faster lib
at  the moment, with more surrounding support, users and documentation.

-- Don