[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

Praki Prakash praki.prakash at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:02:45 EST 2010

I am working on an analytics server with a web front end. Being a
personal endeavor at this time, I can choose any language that I
fancy. I love Haskell and have achieved a modicum of proficiency with
many years of following along. I spent a few weeks of serious Haskell
prototyping and came to the realization that Haskell has a very steep
learning curve to become truly proficient in it. The basics are easy,
the various typeclasses can be understood with some study. But, there
are thousands of packages on Hackage and not much documentation on
most them. Another issue for me is the lack of a cohesive
infrastructure for working with web services.

Now my work has shifted to Clojure. I like it so far but I miss the
elegance of Haskell. Whether Haskell becomes an easy choice for
commercial work or remains a boutique language depends on how easy it
is to build today's applications.

But, I still love Haskell :)
Praki

http://www.google.com/profiles/praki.prakash