[Haskell-cafe] parsec2 vs. parsec3... again

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 13:34:59 CET 2010

Hello!

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it sounds like the consensus is to bite the bullet and try
> converting to ByteString + attoparsec and see if that helps.  Or write
> attoparsec-text myself, or wait for someone else to do it :)
>
> I might not get around to this real soon, but I'll post my results
> when (if) I do.

I've uploaded attoparsec-text and attoparsec-text-enumerator to
Hackage.  I've written those packages late last week and asked for
comments from attoparsec and attoparsec-enumerator's maintainers.
Although both packages weren't stress tested (actually they were very
lightly tested), I'm releasing them so that we don't waste efforts
duplicating work =).

I'll make an announcement later today if no critical bugs are found.
Please test it and try to break it =).  Bonus points if we give us
some numbers about how it compares to your Parsec 2/3 approach.

Links:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-text
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-text-enumerator

Cheers! =D